Python Design Patterns¶
- This site is letting me collect my ideas about Python and Design Patterns all in one place.
- My hope is that these pages make the patterns more discoverable — easier to find in web searches, and easier to read — than when they were scattered across the videos and slides of my Python conference talks.
- The weight of other obligations makes my progress intermittent. To check for new material, simply visit the commit history of this site’s project repository on GitHub, where you can also select “Watch” to get updates.
With those preliminaries complete, here are the patterns!
- The Global Object Pattern
- The Prebound Method Pattern
- The Sentinel Object Pattern
Gang of Four: Principles¶
- The Composition Over Inheritance Principle
Gang of Four: Creational Patterns¶
- The Abstract Factory Pattern
- The Builder Pattern
- The Factory Method Pattern
- The Prototype Pattern
- The Singleton Pattern
Gang of Four: Structural Patterns¶
- The Composite Pattern
- The Decorator Pattern
- The Flyweight Pattern